Monday, September 8, 2008

MeMaw - I Love You





What a precious time we had this weekend in Chatanooga TN with my Grandmother. Paul took our family for probably the final visit with Memaw. What a wonderful time we had with Dave and Heidi, their 5 children, my Aunt Patsy and Uncle Preston and their son Garen and wife and beautiful kids.

As I sat there in the nursing home with my grandmother I couldn't help but think of the wonderful Heritage that I have. MeMaw was a Godly woman. She was such an example. I was convicted as I stood by her side to be the Christian Woman that she was.

We had a special time sitting in the foyer of the nursing home singing her request of "Amazing Grace" and "What a Friend we have in Jesus".

The final goodbye prayer was beautiful as Dave and I held memaws hand and Paul lead in a beautful prayer and Heidi standing close by. It was an emotional time but very fulfilling to say that last good bye.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man Sarah, poor Memaw...I asked Phil to come in the office with me to look at the pictures, your right, you can hardly recognize her. We have decided we had better go and take a trip to TN and see her one last time! I know it will be hard for Phil, but it will be a good thing...bless her heart.

Michele said...

So glad you got to go! Thanks for sharing with us.

sankey family said...

May we walk in their footsteps - thanks for sharing this reminder to us all!

The Millard Family said...

Beautiful! Times to hold close to your heart.

Becky said...

I'm sure that was hard. So glad you took the time to visit her.